IC’s definition of Global Citizenship incorporates the principles of IC’s Guiding Statements and the IB Learner Profile. Globally minded people see themselves as connected to an intercultural global community and demonstrate the attitudes as well as the actions of an internationally minded person.
A globally minded person:
• Embraces diversity and demonstrates tolerance, respect, understanding, empathy, and consideration towards those from different cultures, races, religions, physical and mental abilities, ideologies, and backgrounds.
• Is willing to learn from different cultures and take action to facilitate cooperation at all levels.
• Treats others equally and is willing to work cooperatively with peoples of diverse cultures, belief systems and ideologies.
• Is broad-minded and considers, with fairness and sensitivity, all points of view.
• Seeks to understand current events and issues and their impact upon societies worldwide.