Definition of High Quality Teaching and Learning
Learning at IC is a social dynamic process of growth where learners are empowered to construct their own conceptual understanding by questioning, exploring, developing, and applying knowledge, skills, and attitudes which lead to taking thoughtful action.
- We are a tri-lingual community of empowered learners who value diversity, inclusivity, and service.
- We thrive on a liberal education system founded on an international-minded inquiry-based approach that fosters free and critical thinking skills.
- We equip our teachers with the necessary knowledge and classroom tools.
- We adopted the Danielson framework to coach and monitor teachers in planning and preparing their lessons.
- We comprehend how children learn, how they develop knowledge and skills, and how they can be further supported to acquire more skills.
- We safeguard the well-being of our students and community.
- We focus on the impact of learning on the learner or what best engages and challenges students, increases retention, and contributes to cumulative learning.
- We seek to ensure long-term retention of knowledge, fluency in key skills, and the ability to use critical skills to empathize, create, and serve our community.