Career Opportunities - Middle School
IC is looking for a Full Time Science Lab Technician
The Science Lab Technician assumes overall responsibility for the smooth functioning of all science labs associated with the school.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare the needed equipment, solutions, and materials.
- Distribute and clear away equipment and materials.
- Carry out the cleaning of glassware and equipment within the lab.
- Ensure that the preparation areas, lab surfaces, and shelves are in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Dispose safely of laboratory wastes and deal safely with spillages and breakages.
- Ensure general repair and maintenance work on lab equipment.
- Maintain inventory and records of lab supplies.
- Place orders of materials and equipment to supply companies, as agreed upon with the Lab technician and Chairperson of department.
- Maintain contacts with local companies for samples of materials, ordering, and equipment maintenance work.
- Continue to provide requested materials from local sources, such as fish, sheep heart...for dissection.
- Perform general administration tasks such as answering the phone, filing, photocopying, paper work..
- Coordinate the use of the lab among teachers.
- Provide help to teacher in the lab, upon request.
- Keep hard and soft copies and files per level of the lab sheets corresponding to all performed activities.
- Overview of the work in the labs and ensure that appropriate protocols are followed so that quality work is maintained in the labs.
- Generate and updates an electronic filing system that is accessible to department members. This filing system includes:
- A comprehensive inventory of lab equipment and instruments.
- A lab usage record sheet. (Teacher, level, title of activity, date)
- A weekly lab schedule, updated as teachers reserve periods.
- Provide a functional and efficient system so that samples of students’ work (models, cardboards, reports.) are stored in the lab and are accessible when needed.
- Ensure that the boards in the labs display students’ work and are attractive and scientifically inspiring.
- Use provided catalogues to suggest appropriate materials, new equipment, displays, charts…so as to enhance the learning atmosphere in the lab.
- Provide input and initiative in areas that may improve the learning and work quality of students, such as lab reporting, science fair, science club…
- Any other duties that may arise in the course of work and authorized by the Chairperson of the department or by the Administration.
Educational Background & Competencies:
The deadline for applying is on November 26th ,2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.