Assessment and Acceptance
Students will be required to sit for an entrance exam and an interview (on site when possible or remotely).
- Entrance exams may be adapted to specific situations when necessary.
- Entrance exams and interviews are determined by the relevant school Admissions Team based on the school assessment policy that helps create a culture of continuous learning and growth and clearly states what constitutes good assessment practices.
Upon receipt of the applicant’s results, the school director determines if the applicant meets IC’s requirements. Additional testing may be required.
After completing the interview or the entrance exams, IC’s Admissions Committee meets and makes the final decision regarding admission. The Admissions Committee is composed of the President, Vice-president and the specific School Director.
- Students are considered and selected based on previous academic achievements, previous school recommendations, interviews, and the results of IC’s entrance exams.
- Preschool applicants are admitted based on a qualifying interview.
While IC gladly accepts and selects students from all different backgrounds, students in the following categories are given priority:
- Siblings of current IC students - provided there are no outstanding financial obligations to IC
- Children of IC faculty and staff
- Children of IC alumni
- International students
- Children of AUB faculty and staff
Final selection decisions are made by the Admissions Committee at each school.
Communication of Admissions Results
A letter of acceptance or regret will be sent from the relevant school office to the child’s parents, informing them about the results.
The admission process is not complete until payment is settled.
If, for any reason, after a child has been accepted, parents do not wish to enroll him or her at IC, they must inform the relevant school office in writing so the vacancy can be allocated to other applicants.