International hire teachers must enter Beirut with a single-entry work visa that will be available for you at the airport. Be sure to provide the following documents and information needed for the process of obtaining the visa (documents can be scanned and emailed to Human Resources):
- A copy of the signed contract
- A clear colored scanned copy of your passport (valid for at least 24 months at the time of application for work visa)
- The full name of your parents and their nationalities
- Your social security number
- Your home of record and ZIP code
- If married, a copy of the marriage certificate, name and nationality of your spouse and children, date and place of birth
- Scanned copies of diplomas confirming your degrees
- A medical report of a general physical checkup from a family doctor (no blood tests required at this stage)
- Statements of employment from schools that show clearly the number of full-time full years of experience in teaching
Upon arriving at International College, the Human Resources Department will assist you in obtaining the required Work Permit and Residence Permit. You will be required to pass a routine physical examination (i.e., Tuberculosis (PPD) test, blood test, urine test, Hepatitis B, Malaria, HIV, test for venereal diseases, and a chest x-ray) in the College infirmary, located in Thomson Hall.
All costs incurred from obtaining your work visa and permits are paid by the College.